Wits Maths Connect Secondary Project
The Wits Maths Connect Secondary (WMCS) Project is a research linked professional development project with the central goal of improving mathematics learning in school through professional development of teachers, and researching related processes and problems.
This means aiming for more learners:
- to choose Mathematics in Grade 10 and to succeed
- to qualify to study mathematics-related courses at university
The professional development work that is key to this goal supports Mathematics teachers to improve:
- their mathematical content knowledge
- the quality of their teaching
- their knowledge and awareness of key transition points in the curriculum and in mathematics
Transition Maths 1 has injected in me a very strong desire to continue learning. I want to influence many learners so that they can willingly take Mathematics as they proceed to Grade 10. They need to take it to Grade 12 with a view of producing sharp future scientists, engineers, doctors and many others.